Thursday 2 November 2017

Devotional Tea 6: Are You a Witness?

Scripture: Acts 1:8 (TLB)

But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power to testify about me with great effect, to the people in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth, about my death and resurrection.

Meditation:
A good witness isn't like a salesman; emphasis is on a person rather than a product. A good witness is like a signpost. It doesn't matter whether it is old, young, pretty, ugly; it has to point the right direction and be able to be understood. We are witnesses to Christ, we point to him. (John White)
How is your life? Is it pointing to Christ, or to your church? Is it pointing to Christ, or to the latest fashion, or reigning thing? Can people see Christ in you? Enough of the excuses. It is time to show forth the glory of Him who has redeemed us. It is time to manifest as sons and daughters of the living God. It is time to live the life from above. It is time to live by strong reasons based on the word of God. There is no place for excuses and passing the buck. Let Christ live in and through you.

Further Reading: Matthew 5:13-16; Galatians 2:20, 5:16-26; 2 Corinthians 5:12-21.

Prayer: Lord, help me live up to your expectation for me. Help me never go ahead of you, or myself. Teach me walk in stead with you.

Devotional Tea 5: Made by Fire
Devotional Tea 7: Looking unto Jesus

Related:
Questions and Answers (Eighteen)

When I cease to preach salvation by faith in Jesus, put me into a lunatic asylum, for you may be sure that my mind is gone. (Charles Haddon Spurgeon)

2 comments:

Amazon

Adsense Footer

Adsense Code Link