Saturday 11 November 2017

Devotional Tea 9: Worship Requires Sacrifice

Scripture: 2 Samuel 24:24 (TLB)

“No,” the king replied, “I will buy it for the full price; I cannot take what is yours and give it to the Lord. I will not offer a burnt offering that has cost me nothing!”

Meditation:
The 7 modern sins: politics without principles, pleasures without conscience, wealth without work, knowledge without character, industry without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice. (Canon Frederic Donaldson)
What is worship? The best way to answer might first be to state what worship is not. Worship is not the fulfilling of our own lust, nor is it the satisfaction of our own superstitious beliefs. It is not about us. It is not about pleasing, nor entertaining our own selves. It is not about the music or the song. It is not about the money or offering. It is not confined to the four walls of the church. It is not a one-day, nor an occasional deal.

Worship is ALL about God. It is the feeling and/or expression of reverence, loyalty, trust, gratitude and adoration for/to Him. It is the offering, pouring and emptying out of our self - all that we are and have - to God. Worship is a lifestyle. Anything short of these is not worship.

So, what is worship without sacrifice? It is nothing. It is no worship at all. For, worship calls for the whole of our being. Anything short of all is no worship.

Further Reading: Exodus 32:1-6; Psalm 40:6-8, 50:5, 96:9; John 4:4-24; Acts 17:22-31; Romans 12:1-2.

Prayer: Lord, deliver me from the falsehood of wanting to appease you, rather than giving you my heart. It is my heart you are after. It is my heart that you want. You can have it. I give you full control.

Devotional Tea 8: I am Accepted
Devotional Tea 10: Lead me to the Rock


It is only when men begin to worship that they begin to grow.                (Calvin Coolidge)
How To Worship a King (Zach Neese)
Worship: The Reason We Were Created (A. W. Tozer)
The Power and Purpose of Praise and Worship (Myles Munroe) 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Adsense Footer

Adsense Code Link